Statement of Faith
- The Divine inspiration of the Canonical Books of the Old and New Testaments as originally given, and preserved throughout the ages as the only infallible, inerrant and sufficient source of theology and doctrine;
- The Triune Godhead existing in One Eternal, Transcendent, Omnipotent, personal God, manifested in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- Special creation of the existing space-time universe, including all of its basic systems and organisms in the six literal days of the creation week;
- The perfect, sinless humanity and absolute full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, indissolubly united in one divine/human Person since His unique incarnation by miraculous virgin conception and birth;
- The substitutionary and redemptive sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ for the sin of the world, through His literal physical death, burial, and bodily resurrection followed by His bodily ascension into Heaven;
- Personal salvation from the eternal penalty of sin, provided exclusively by the grace of God on the basis of the atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be received only through confession of, and individual faith in, His Person and redemptive work on the cross, to be followed by baptism and conversion from a life of sin to a life characterized by the empowering grace of the Holy Spirit, giving evidence in loving service and adherence to the principles and practices of the Christian Faith as set forth in the Holy Scriptures.
- The future personal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth to judge and establish His eternal kingdom and to consummate and fulfill all His purposes, the works of creation, and redemption, with eternal reward for believers and eternal punishment for the unsaved.
Definition of Biblical Counseling:
Biblical Counseling is always centered on Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, loving and practical application of Biblical truths with the goal of spiritual maturity and a life fruitfulness. This counseling is based on the inerrancy, authority, and sufficiency of the Word of God. To protect against false teachings and unbalanced practices of counseling which may mistakenly be labeled "biblical," some standards of practice are necessary to encourage excellence and to provide some measure of trustworthiness for general referral.
STATEMENT OF PRACTICE
Accordingly, Life Solutions Counselors and students, (along with AABC and IABC) are required to affirm the following in philosophy and practice:
- I believe that the Scripture is sufficient, through the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit, to address all of man's needs. (2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Timothy 3:16) Therefore, my counseling methods, practices, and techniques will be based upon clear Biblical principles. (1 Corinthians 3:19)
- I believe that all mankind is in need of personal salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. If those I counsel do not possess this salvation, a primary objective of my counseling must be the clear, Spirit-led communication of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (Romans 3:23, 6:23; Matthew 28:19-20)
- I agree to counsel and teach the Lordship of Jesus Christ in order to lead counselees away from a humanistic focus on self and to a proper focus on Him. (Luke 9:23; Romans 12:1-2)
- I agree to honor the Scriptural sanctity of life, marriage, and family and to do my utmost in counseling to reinforce these beliefs. (Psalm 139:13-14, Genesis 2:24; Malachi 2:16; Proverbs 23:25; Colossians 3:20)
- I agree that, as God empowers me, I will live my life and conduct all my relationships in godliness and holiness before Him, with the goal of living out the truths that I am teaching. (Philippians 2:12-13)
- I agree with the Spiritual authority of the local church. I will evidence this by my involvement in a local church and by instructing those whom I counsel to involve themselves in a church also, thus working in concert with it, rather than in competition against it. (Hebrews 10:25)
Life Solutions Counseling and Training Center is a Learning Partner with Masters International School of Divinity. As a student of LSCTC, you will be eligilble for specials discounts on your Associate, Bachelor, and/or Master level degrees through Masters International School of Divinity.